Photo featuring a sauce and trying to showcase it alone is a bit of a creative challenge. My creativity does not extend too much further than the kitchen, can you tell?
Anyway…have I mentioned that my family loves Mexican food? And there are times that you need a little chipotle cream sauce to finish off the dish. Like on fish or shrimp tacos, or to top a taco salad, or my giant tostada.
Or you might just need a chipotle cream sauce to lap up a bowlful with a spoon, like I’m sure my son Matt would do. Because he passionately loves chipotle. It’s a long term love affair.
This is a simple recipe. It is fast. It is easy. It is yummy.
Throw everything into the food processor. I used one chipotle and one teaspoon of adobo sauce. If you like it spicier, use more. Start with half the lime juice and just a little zest. Process the ingredients to make the sauce, and then taste. Add more of whichever ingredient(s) until it is to your taste.
It will look a little runny, but it will harden a little once chilled.
So much flavor! This is my giant tostada drizzled with the lovely chipotle crema.
Easy Chipotle Crema
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1-2 chipotle in adobo sauce plus adobo sauce to taste
- juice of 1/2 to 3/4 of 1 lime
- lime zest to taste
- one medium clove garlic
- Start with one chipotle, one teaspoon of adobe sauce, the juice of half a lime, and 1/8 teaspoon of lime zest. (Cut the lime in quarters to facilitate adding juice in stages.)
- Place in the bowl of a food processor and add the other ingredients.
- Process until blended.
- Taste and adjust amount of each ingredient to taste, re-processing after every addition.